Validity: 21st December 2016
Recommendation: Couples Club
Day 01 – Arrival in Srinagar (-/-/D)
- Meet our representative upon arrival in Srinagar and proceed to your houseboat at Dal Lake.
This place is famous for its lakes and the charming houseboats, Srinagar is also known for traditional Kashmiri handicrafts. The lake comprises a series of water bodies, including the Nagin Lake. One can take in the panoramic view of the mountains surrounding Srinagar from this lake. Kashmiri boats called Shikara, are used to explore the intricate maze of waterways on this lake.
- In evening, enjoy a Shikara-ride on Dal Lake.
- Dinner and overnight stay in houseboat.
Day 02 - Drive from Srinagar to Pahalgam (B/-/D)
- After breakfast, proceed to Pahalgam, also called the Valley of Shepherds.
- On arrival, check-in at the hotel.
In Pahalgam, admire the beauty of nature as you walk along the banks of River Lidder. Pahalgam is also famous for some trekking routes and is the base camp for the Amarnath Pilgrimage.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 - Sightseeing in Pahalgam (B/-/D)
- After breakfast, enjoy panoramic views of Pahalgam town and Lidder Valley.
Start with Aru Valley which is a small village, 15 km upstream the Lidder River, The route is picturesque with ample campsites. This village is the starting point for treks to the Kolahoi glacier. Later, visit Chandanwari, 16 Km which is the starting point of sacred Amarnath Yatra. Chandanwari is famous for snow sledging on a snow bridge, enroute you can visit Hajan, an idyllic picnic spot and Betaab valley.
- Dinner & overnight in the hotel.
Day 04 Drive from Pahalgam – Gulmarg (B/-/D)
- After breakfast, proceed to Gulmarg - ‘Meadow of Flowers’ situated at an altitude of 2730 meters, with lush green meadows of flowers with a backdrop of the snow-capped mountains.
- Check-in at the hotel upon arrival and enjoy dinner.
- Overnight stay in the Gulmarg.
Day 05 - Gandola-Ride in Gulmarg | Mughal Gardens in Srinagar (B/-/D)
- After breakfast, enjoy local sightseeing of Gulmarg and Gandola-ride (cable car).
- Later, proceed to Srinagar and check-in at the hotel upon arrival.
- After noon, enjoy visit to Mughal Gardens - Nishat (The Garden of Pleasure) and Shalimar (Abode of All). Drive along the Lake side on Boulevard.
- On your way back, visit a local Handicrafts Emporium for hand-knotted silk carpets and shawls as well as ornaments.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Srinagar.
Day 06 - Sonmarg Excursion (B/-/D)
- After breakfast, depart for full day excursion to the Sonmarg, ‘Meadow of Gold’ on Srinagar- Leh road.
A gushing river is the highlight of this meadow, flowing down from snowy heights into the dense woodlands of firs and silver birches. Glaciers pour down from this stream from the Himalayas on to the many camping sites in Sonmarg. A thick forest-cover of sycamore, alpine flowers, silver birch, fir and pine, Sonmarg offers adventure in the form of treks, sledging, angling, alpine skiing and white water rafting.
- Enjoy leisurely walks around the meadow.
- Return to Srinagar for dinner & overnight stay.
Day 07 - Departure from Srinagar (B/-/-)
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to Srinagar airport for return flight back home.
Welcomheritage Gurkha Houseboat or similar - Srinagar
Forest Hill Resort or similar - Pahalgam
Hotel Royal Park or similar - Gulmarg
Jamal Resort or similar – Srinagar
Starting from USD855 per person sharing x 2
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Srinagar on Half Board
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Pahalgam on Half Board
- 1 night accommodation in Gulamarg
- 1 session of Shikara-ride in Dal Lake
- Gandola ride (up to Phase 1) in Gulmarg
- Assistance at the airport
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Guide Service
- Entry Fee at the Monuments
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments
- international flights : USD900