Recommendation: Lotus Safari
Validity: 31st October 2017
Day 01 – Mikumi (-/L/D)
- Transfer early morning to Mikumi in 4x4 with lunch at Mikumi. (Logisitic Info approx 367kms drive to the lodge / 7 - 8hrs drive)
- Afternoon game drive.
Mikumi National Park covers 3237 square and lies within the Mkata River plain bordered by the Uluguru Mountain range to the east and the Rubeho Mountains on the west, an area of lush vegetation which particularly attracts elephants and buffalos. Open grasslands dominate in the flood plain, eventually merging with the Miombo woodland covering the lower hills. Wildlife is abundant with giraffe, zebra, buffalo, hartebeest, wildebeest, elephant, wild dog, and smaller mammals and reptiles. Mikumi’s vegetation includes woodland, swamp and grassland with tow water holes, Mkata and Chamgore. Apart form the saddle-bill stock, hammer kop and malachite kingfisher, there is also monitor lizards and a deadly python inhabiting the pools.
- Dinner and overnight in Mikumi.
Day 02 – Half Day Game Drive / Return to Dar es Salaam (B/L/-)
- After Breakfast, proceed for half day game drive with packed lunch and then drive back to Dar es Salaam.
Tanswiss Cottages 2* Deluxe
From Dar: USD 480 per person sharing
- 01 Night accommodation as per above on full board basis
- 4x4 Vehicle for 2 days with pick up and drop off from Dar city center
- 2 Half Day Game drives
- Park fees for Residents
- Lunch box
- Anything not mentioned above