Recommendation: Lotus Safari
Validity: 30th November 2018
Day 1 : Arusha - Moshi. (-/-/D)
- To be met in Arusha and transferred to the foot of Mt.Kilimanjaro.
Take a short walk to Marangu gate ( not entering the gate as it costs USD83 per person ), the starting and finishing point of climbers to see the departures and rivals, visit a coffee trees farm of about 200 year old by vehicle or walking, on clear days you will be able to see an ice cape of Mount Kilimanjaro which rise at 5895m, also before lunch you will visit black smith who continue using traditional methods for making different iron tools which are used by some tribes to day like Maasai and a visit to Local brew, the producers of local wine. Lunch in your hotel, there after walk down to the near by waterfalls called Kinuka Mori, named after a Chagga lady who had a pregnancy out of proper marriage chased by the Chagga society and hide herself nearby the falls and after some days she was ambushed by a leopard and the lady died and her body was found in the waterfalls. Around the falls you will see memorable pictures of the lady and the leopard. You will be guided by an English speaking local guide and well trained to guide tourists in Marangu area,
- Later walk back to the lodge in Moshi town
- Overnight in Moshi.
Day 2 :Day trip to Lake Chala OR Walking Treck. (B/L/D)
- After breakfast, Go for day trip to
- Logisitic Info approx:
- 1.5hrs commuting
- 2 hrs hiking down the crater and then renting on your own kayaks etc if available.
Lake Chala off the beaten: The lake has more than 250 parasitic cones and craters in the Kilimanjaro complex, which exhibits some of the finest volcanic scenery in the world presenting a dramatic landscape. About 70 percent of Lake Chala lies on the Tanzanian side in Rombo district of Kilimanjaro while the rest of the water body is found in the Taita-Taveta location in the coastal province of Kenya. For many years, Lake Chala has been playing the role of tourism attraction spawning a major hotel on its Kenyan bank and another unfinished Hotel project on the Tanzanian side. Spend a day exploring the lake.
- Logisitic Info approx:
- 5-8hrs walk depending on how much you can walk
- 42kilometres to the lodge / 1hr drive each way x 2 ways
Kilimanjaro National Park Trecking: inside Exceptional viewing of wild flowers and bushy countryside after the gate the Car would not be able to drive the hilly terrain hence exploring Mt.Kilimanjaro and a few herbevores enroute with an incentive & a chance to see the peak of Mt.Kilimanjaro closest and faster than climbing through the normal climbing routes.
- Transfer back home.
Ex Arusha USD255 per person sharing in a Double room x 2=USD510
Ex Dar USD415 per person sharing in a Double room x 2 = USD830
ADD ON :
+ ADD USD110 per person extra for WALKIN TRECK LONDROSSI ROUTE 3 MT.KILI.
+ ADD USD20 per person for Ameg Lodge Kilimanjaro 3* - 1 night - 1 Double room
- 1 nights accommodation on Full Board Basis
- Services of a 4x4 vehicle with driver and fuel for day trip
- Water 3 bottles per person per day
- Day trip to Lake Chala WMA + Ent. / Walking Treck Londrossi Mt.Kili Route 3
- Entrance Marangu Falls , Village & Ndoro Falls Mt.Kili foot Route 1
- Return Bus Transfer from Arusha
- Tips Non Compulsory ( USD15-25 per guide per day )
- Anything no mentioned Above Complimentary Aerobic /Kickboxing 40 minutes session /Gym Guidance ( if taking Ameg Lodge )
Terms and Conditions Apply